A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Heart 2 Heart Meets Papercraft Star

 


When the folks at Heart 2 Heart challenged us to show them our May flowers, I knew I wanted to make these gorgeous daisies I saw on Amie Kiger's blog, Mimi, Myself, and I where she posted a link to Cathy Derouche's blog, Cathyplus5 where you can find more detailed instructions.  You cut two flowers (Artiste cartridge, page 54, accent 3) in each of two or three graduated sizes.  I cut two at 1.5 inches and two at 1.25inches for the larger flower and two at 1.25 inches and two at 1 inch for the smaller one.  You cup the petals and then stack them, rotating each.  For the center you use a flower made using the Art Philosophy cartridge (page 69, font).  I added some definition by swiping the edges of the petals of half of the flowers with Sunset and the other half with Cotton Candy.




This week the folks at Papercraft Star want to see what we find beautiful.  Although I think flowers are pretty, to me the most beautiful thing is our relationships.  I belong to a group of ladies that I refer to as scrappin' friends (even though some prefer other crafts) who, in addition to crafting together, support and care for each other.  I made this card using the layout below from Freshly Made Sketches for one of my friends who had surgery recently to treat thyroid cancer.  It was supposed to go with the meal I made, but I did not finish the card in time, so the family got their dinner last Thursday and she will get her card tomorrow.   Here is the inside:




Thank you for stopping by! Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all from Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Dream Pop, White Daisy cardstock
Ink:  Sunset, Cotton Candy, and Black
Stamp:  Flair from the Avonlea Cardmaking Workshop
Embellishments:  Wooden Mini Medley Accents Collection
Other:  Cricut Artiste and Art Philosophy cartridges



10 comments:

  1. Those flowers are so beautiful! They really pop with the patterned paper you chose. Love the little fringy centers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! I love the flowers an swirls, and the dsp is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, love those flowers! Thanks for playing with us at Papercraft Star & Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who WOULDN'T be cheered up with a sunny card like this one? Your paper blossoms get more beautiful with each new posting; I always appreciate the "how-to" as well. Love your use of the Dream Pop paper, inside & out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't the dream pop paper just the best!! I love your flowers and how you linked them with the flourish. I am going to have to make some of these - they really pop on the card. I hope your friend has a full recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is really pretty! Love Dream Pop! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the design. Love the colors. Love, love, love how your flowers turned out! Thanks for playing along with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your win, Hansi!!! I learned about these flowers from Cathy Derouche on her blogpost here... http://cathyplus5.blogspot.com/2013/04/flowers-for-you.html Is that where you saw them? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment and direction on who to credit. I actually saw it on your post first. I will fix that.

      Delete
    2. No problem! Cathy really started something with those! She was so sweet to help us all learn how! :)

      Delete