A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Freshly Made Alphabet Soup With Heart



The theme of the final Heart 2 Heart challenge for September is "Alphabet Soup" for which they want you to combine two different alphabets or fonts.  I just love the font and icons in the "You are My Happy" stamp set which Close to My Heart put out to celebrate National Stamping Month.  Using Post-It Notes to mask the parts I didn't want to use before inking my stamps, I combined the "You are My Happy" sentiment from the "You are Me Happy" set with the "I didn't forget your Birthday" sentiment from Card Chatter - Birthday set.  I embossed both the sun and the sentiments and then colored the sun with CTMH's alcohol markers.  I popped up the central panel with foam tape.  The layout is this Freshly Made sketch:



Thank you for stopping by!  Now please make sure to check out the other creations at Heart 2 Heart Challenges and Freshly Made Sketches.  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Sunset, Honey and Colonial White cardstock
Ink:  Black pigment ink, Sunset, Sorbet, and Buttercup alcohol markers
Stamps:  You are My Happy (available only in September), Card Chatter - Birthday
Embellishments:  Yellow sparkles from Michael's, Clear Detail embossing powder
Other:  Baby's Breath embossing folder from Cuddlebug



7 comments:

  1. What a fun and cheery card! I love the embossing, and your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cheery! That sun makes me smile! Thanks for playing along with the H2H alphabet soup challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy card! I cannot wait to finally get my Happy set. :) I love how you embossed the four squares on this one, Hansi. The combination of those two sentiments works flawlessly! Thanks so much for playing and singing along with us over at H2H! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU are so talented!! I LOVE what you create!! I started as a CTMH Consultant a little over a year ago and I search the web for ideas. YOU are my favorite creator and who I would like to emulate and scraplift from! ;-) Thanks for sharing your talent and ideas! What FUN! Also---I love the title of your blog and your quote on crop parties being a modern quilting bee. I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hansi, Hansi, Hansi...each and every time I come to your blog, I just KNOW I'm going to be in for a treat!!! LOVE the card!

    ReplyDelete