A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Happy Mother's Day to My Mom



I used this Atlantic Hearts Sketch to make a card for my mom:



To make the flower, I used Close to My Heart's Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut two flowers (page 39) at 2 1/2 inches and one at 2 inches.  Next I used a scoring tool to score from the center outward to create the texture of a flower petal.   Next I sponged the petals with Sky followed by Indian Corn Blue.  I will have to say that the inks ended up looking much warmer than the paper of those colors.  After shaping the petals by wrapping them lengthwise around the handle of the scoring tool and teasing the tips back, I stacked them with foam tape in between each layer.  The center is a Base and Bling Floral Accent (retired) with the center sparkle replaced by a Pearl Opaque (retired).  I did not have a Mother's Day sentiment in a font that would complement the card, so I made one using Word, printed it and then used a die cut and Cuddlebug to cut it out.  Using the die cut instead of the Cricut made positioning the sentiment within the shape easier.  While I had my Cuddlebug out, I used it with to emboss the center strip.

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  White Daisy and Crystal Blue cardstock, Silver Glitter paper
Ink:  Sky, Indian Corn Blue
Embellishments:  Base and Bling Floral Accent (retired), Pearl Opaques (retired)
Other:  Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, Scalloped Edges embossing folder by Cuddlebug, Die cut by Momento

5 comments:

  1. Awesome Hansi. I love the simplicity of this card. The inked edges on your flower really make it pop. Thanks ofr joining us this week at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the inked edges and how they are a warmer, more vibrant blue. Fantastic use of the the glitter paper. It caught my eye anyway. Thanks for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, I love that it is just card stock and not patterned paper, it is simplicity in the best form with just a touch of bling with the glitter paper! Thanks for playing along with AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Mothers Day card- that flower is stunning! Thanks for playing along at AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love how you did the flower! It is spectacular! Thanks for joining us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete