A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Happy Birthday to a Cat Mom



I have a friend whose children all have four feet and pointy ears, so I had to use this stamp from Inkadinkado for her birthday card.  I started with this sketch from Try Stamping on Tuesday:




The twist this week is "anything that makes you happy."  I love cats and like sending cards to people, so I think I have that covered.  The printed paper comes from the delightful Once Upon a Time Mat Stack by DCWV which I bought on a whim at Ben Franklin (I think).  You can't see it in the photograph, but there are discrete bits of bronze glitter on the flowered paper.  It makes me think of a secret garden which is why I selected the second print which is reminiscent of a brick wall.  Of course gardens have to have butterflies!  This one was cut from Close to My Heart's Ariana Coral cardstock using a Martha Stewart punch and sponged with Spring Iris ink which, unfortunately, is retired.   I repeated the motif inside:




Now to get this card in the mail.  Thank you for stopping by!  Now why don't you check out the other creations at Try Stamping on Tuesday.  This challenge is closing in 45 minutes (can you say cutting it close?), but there is a new sketch up to play with.  I would love to see what you do it.  Until next time, Hansi

Material used, all Close to my Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Once Upon a Time Mat Stack by DCWV, Ariana Coral, Cocoa, and Colonial White cardstock
Ink:  Cocoa, Spring Iris (retired), Buttercup alcohol marker
Stamps:  Cat by Inkdinkado, Joyful Birthday
Embellishments:  Clear Bitty Sparkles, Pink Sparkles (retired) Purple Sparkles from Hampton Art, Brown Opaques (retired)
Other:  Scallop punch by ek Success, Butterfly punch by Martha Stewart

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful feline card; I love how you decked out the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Love how your kitty is looking at the butterfly. :) Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete