A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Friday, October 31, 2014

Color My Heart in the Orange of your Choice




The Color My Heart Color Dare this week is to pick your own orange, so I combined the Sunset in an old paperpack, Mischief, with this Atlantic Hearts Sketch to make a final Halloween card.



The cat is from the "Eek & Shriek" stamp set and the broom and sentiment from "Halloween Greetings."  This is just a reminder to watch out for the gain when you are using embossing folders particularly Stripes.  Here is what happens when you are in a hurry and don't:




If you don't know how to find the grain, here is a video that shows you how:




Thank you for stopping by!  Now why don't you hop on over to Color My Heart and Atlantic Hearts to see how others have met these challenges or, better yet, enter one yourself.  I would love to see your work!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Mischief (retired), Sunset and Colonial White cardstock
Ink:  Black and Slate with Marigold ShinHan marker
Stamps:  Halloween Greetings, Eek & Shriek
Embellishments:  Sequins from Black Min-Medley Accents, Clear sparkle, ribbon for where I do not remember





















5 comments:

  1. Fabulous & Fun Card! I love your take on the sketch and the details of the diamond on the collar and the sequins are a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great Halloween card (I know you love that creepy kitty!). Thanks for the reminder about the paper-grain with embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love the added touch with the collar for the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the sentiment. And thanks for reminding us how important is it to find the grain when using the embossing folders!

    ReplyDelete