A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Christmas Doodles




The ladies over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges want to see some doodles, so with this card as inspiration, I cut some ornaments using Close to My Heart's Art Philosophy and Artistry Cricut cartridges and began playing.  This first card is more like what most people think of when they think of doodling:  lines and repetitive patterns that grow into something.




I used a sponge dauber and black ink along the edges of the ornaments and sentiment border to ground them against the white background.  The sentiment border may look like doodling, but it is actually a piece of paper from the new La Vie En Rose paper pack.

For the second card I revisited my favorite way to doodle when I was in high school.  I always liked creating designs that mess with your eyes. 





The graphic below the stamped sentiment is a sliver of the retired version of Black Paper Fundamentals.  Both cards are embellished with a few black sparkles because y'all know I like sparkles...  Although the black sparkles have been retired, you can always make your own by coloring a clear sparkle with a black ShinHan marker.  

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to my heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Black Paper Fundamentals (retired), La Vie En Rose, White Daisy and Black cardstock
Ink:  Black
Stamps:  Merriest Christmas (retired), A Very Merry Christmas (retired)
Embellishments:  Black Sparkles (retired)
Other:  Art Philosophy and Artistry Cricut Cartridges

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That is some seriously beautiful doodling! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations with us at Heart2Heart Challenges this week!

    Paige - Stampologist.com
    Heart2Heart Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I LOVE your stunning designs. What a great idea for a card! Off to pin it now...thanks for playing along with our H2H doodling challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't draw a stick figure...this is amazing!
    Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautifully intricate! Great doodle entry at Heart2Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely amazing! Thanks for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have seen your scribblers from high school...covered in lovely doodles and mandalas, I bet! These are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hansi, you are the doodle queen in my books.

    ReplyDelete