A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Thursday, November 19, 2015

A Watercolor Christmas





Don't you just hate it when life interferes with your crafting?  It took me over a week to finish this card for Heart 2 Heart's Wonderful Watercolor challenge!  Now I do have to tell you that watercolors intimidate me, but there is a reason why they are called challenge blogs, so I pulled out my watercolors, a brush, and a cup of water and gave it my best shot.  I have always loved this tree from the Always Grateful stamp set.  To get the snow covered effect, I stamped it first with black ink and then after lightly tapping the stamp on Versamark, stamped it just slightly higher than the first image and embossed with Ranger White Super Fine embossing powder.  To balance all the white on the right side of the card, I used some White Enamel Gems.

Thank you for stopping by!  Now why don't you head on over the Heart 2 Heart Challenges blog for some inspiration and maybe enter the challenge yourself?  We would love to see your work!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  White Daisy, Outdoor Denim (retired), and Indian Corn Blue (retired) cardstock
Ink:  Indian Corn Blue (retired), Black
Stamps:  Always Grateful, Holly Jolly Christmas
Embellishments:  White Enamel Gems, Ranger White Super Fine embossing powder
Other:  Snowflake folder by Darice

2 comments:

  1. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for taking the time to be the H2H Guest Designer this month. We're thankful for YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of your cards...they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete