A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, October 7, 2019

So Many Stars for Freshly Made Sketches





I really like this Freshly Made Sketch, but it presented a problem.  I had just gotten Stampin' Up's So Many Stars bundle and, like a spoiled child, I wanted to play with my new toys.  Unfortunately the sentiment didn't fit the sketch.



I finally decided to force it by using the sentiment with a star to create the medium square element and replace the "sentiment" with a trail of stars.  Where did I get that little star stamp?  I (gasp!) cut it from one of the star cluster stamps.  I when I edit stamps I avoid making straight cuts.  I usually cut stamps in a curve to make it easier to fit the pieces back together in proper alignment when I want to use the whole stamp.  The sentiment and white stars are heat embossed with white detail powder and the star trail and edges are embossed with silver detail powder.  To do the edges I stood the cardstock straight up and pushed the edge into Versamark and then my plastic tub of powder.  After I cut the silver foil pieces I put them through my die cut machine between two pieces of cardstock.  That eliminated the raise dots left by the holes in the small dies and gave the foil a softer shine like you get with silver embossing powder.  I spritzed the card panel with Hero Arts shimmer spray.  For the center of the large star, I cut two white and one silver small stars and stacked them to keep it from getting lost in the white filigree stamping.  Of course I had to finish my card with some sparkles.  

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love those beautiful stars! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Those stars are just gorgeous! What a beautiful Christmas card! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete