A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Sunday, March 27, 2022

Happiness is a Purring Cat and a Good Book

 


The current prompt at Time Out Challenges is "Happiness is a warm puppy."  When I was growing up you saw this Peanuts meme on everything from tee shirts to coffee mugs.



I'm sorry Lucy, in my world happiness is a purring cat (or two). 




While I proudly claim the title of Crazy Cat Lady, happiness is also a good book!  I had to smile when I saw the Fusion Challenge photo prompt because there is no room in our bookcases for pretty things.  Fortunately ebooks and audiobooks have cut down on the need for more bookcases. 


To start, I blended Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey, and Salty Ocean Distress oxide inks onto a card front, stamped over it with the Bookshelves rubber cling stamp from Impression Obsession, and ran the edges along a black inkpad to ground the image.  I used a CZ Design die set to cut the sentiment and shadow from Champagne foil and vellum paper.  The shadow die has openings for the p's, b, and d which I sometimes find distracting on a busy background, so I saved the negative spaces and glued them in.  The mama cat was cut with a die from Spellbinders and the kittens from a set by Obsession Impression.

This card is for my sister, a kindergarten teacher who is owned by a ginger cat.  I plan to also enter this card the Die Cut Divas Birthday challenge.  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi




4 comments:

  1. Cats on the bookshelves - perfect! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the cats are sitting on the sentiment. So cool! Love the library-like background. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, love the cats sitting on the sentiment. Wonderful card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Birthday challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing. Beautifully scene with silhouette cats and the rainbow bg! Thank you for joining us at Time out challenges with your lovely kittens! Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete