A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Color My Heart in Juniper



This week the Color My Heart dare is to use Juniper, a color I used to use a lot but haven't lately.  Thank you, Sarah, for bringing my attention back to it.  Caroline, at Caroline's Creations, has done some pretty work using resist stamping techniques which has inspired me to give it a try.  I stamped the image with versamark, heat embossed it with clear detail powder and then sponged over it with Juniper ink.  While I had my embossing supplies out, I went ahead and stamped the sentiment with Black pigment ink and used the clear detail powder to emboss it as well.  This is my first attempt to color the Color Ready Seam Tape by Close to My Heart.  I had a lot of trouble.  I sponged on the color, and it looked fine wet but it dried with water marks.  Does anyone have any tips for future attempts?  Here is the inside:



I used this layout from Freshly Made Sketches:


Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all from Close to My Heart:
Paper:  Champagne, Black and Colonial White cardstock, Perfect Day (retired)
Ink:  Black Pigment, Juniper, Bamboo, and Versamark
Stamp:  Aspire (retired)
Embellishments: Tan Opaques, Chocolate Shades Mini Medley (retired), Color Ready Seam Tape, Clear Detail Embossing Powder






10 comments:

  1. Your embossing resist looks wonderful! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the emboss resist technique! This was a great stamp to use with it as it makes me think of movement. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! That sentiment is really amazing...perfect for this layout! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hansi, this turned out so beautifully! especially in this combo of subtle colours. Thanks for the comment and link to my blog re: the emboss-resist technique. Re: dying your seam binding, Pam Korte suggests putting a piece of plastic over your work surface, and and swiping the ribbon between it and your ink pad. I've tried using re-inker, but could not get the colour to set (it came off on everything!). The CTMH bulletin board might have more idea. Thanks again for joining Color My Heart! Always lovely to see your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card with the resist embossing. I am Pam and I place plastic down on my work surface and run the ribbon through the ink one time. Then I set the ribbon aside to dry and it comes out perfect everytime. I have never tried reinker. Awesome job. Thanks for joining us at Color my Heart this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful creation, Hansi. I love that you branched out to try a new technique, and that you shared what wasn't working for you. This community of bloggers is so eager to share their tips and tricks. Looking forward to hearing how the next color ready seam binding ribbon works for you. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart again. We always look forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hansi! Awesome that you tried Caroline's resist idea--and I think it turned out so lovely. I have dyed the seam binding ribbon in a baggie using drops of the reinker. Then you seal it up and smoosh it around. I like to crinkle up the ribbon this way too. Also, consultant Pamela O'Connor shared the technique I love the most for coloring the ribbon--the new alcohol ink markers! The work fabulously and dry almost immediately! Just swipe in a straight line in rows. :) Thanks for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yet another lovely card, Hansi! I'm so glad that you share your talent with us at Color My Heart Color Dare! I love the dancer image on the front of the card (now I wish I had bought that set!) and it looks great with the resist technique you used! (Thanks for the inspiration--I learned a bit from the others who commented on your work about ideas for coloring the ribbon too!)

    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats for winning at Freshly Made Sketches! I was secretly hoping you would. :) This is just gorgeous with the ribbon and emboss-resisting! Thanks for playing at Color My Heart, Hansi!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! I love that stamp set, and I really love that you did an emboss resist with it.

    ReplyDelete