A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Friday, April 12, 2013

Pun Fun With Heart 2 Heart



The first Heart 2 Heart challenge for April was Pun Fun.  Now many members of my family can come up with the most clever puns, but alas, I did not inherit the pun gene, so I have lifted one from an old petite perks set.  Thank you to my fellow bloggers for offering tips on how to color Close to My Heart's color ready seam binding ribbon.  I used Pam's Korte's technique which involves placing a piece of plastic on your surface (I used my Silpat) and then swiping the ribbon between it and the ink pad.  It came out beautifully with no watermarks.  I recommend cutting an extra inch so that you have an end to hold on to.  I sponged the background with White Daisy pigment ink which gave it a suede texture. This is the first time I have tried to adhere something to CTMH's new glitter paper.  My usual adhesive did not stick, but liquid glass did the trick.

I used this layout from Unscripted Sketches:

SK174 US205



Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all from Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper: Cruizin', Twitlight, Juniper, Grey Flannel (retired), and White Daisy cardstock, Silver Glitter paper
Ink:  White Daisy pigment, Black and Twilight
Stamp:  Petite Perks (retired)
Embellishments:  Black Mini Medley (retired), Silver Stickles, Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon
Other:  Cricut Art Philosophy (branch) and Artiste (owl) cartridges


3 comments:

  1. Sa-weet card (I'm totally pun challenged as well). I love the faux suede background - very effective technique! Great tip to know that Liquid Glass will stick to sparkle!

    Beautifully balanced design. The tree branch almost mimics the piece of ribbon and creates a visual border at the top and bottom of your card. Of course, I'm all about totally lovin' the argyle print paper!

    Thanks for sharing your tips and your fabulous card with us this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! And thanks for sharing the tip on coloring the ribbon, good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the paper pieced owl and I especially LOVE the glitter paper for the moon! Too cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart. :)

    ReplyDelete