A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Heartfelt Inspiration From a Photo



 
Two posts in one night!  Let's just say I am playing catch up.  This past Saturday I had the pleasure of spending the day with some of my Scrappin' Friends.  I know two families who are in need of prayer, so my first project was to make cards using this photo from the Heart 2 Heart photo challenge.
 



Photo challenges are always fun because there are so many directions you can go in.  I decided to pick up on the colors and, surprise, surprise, the flowers.  (If you have been following my blog for more than a week or two you will know that flowers are my thing.)  The flowers for both cards were cut using Close to My Heart's Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  I sponged the surface lightly with Smoothie ink and then dabbed some of the edges a bit for good measure before bending and layering them.  The sentiment was stamped with Slate pigment ink and embossed with clear detail powder.  I love the flexibility of being able to emboss in whatever color pigment ink I have.  Thank you, CTMH for coming out with them!  The sparkles on this one are sort of amber from Recollections.


 
 
For this second card I used what is becoming one of my favorite techniques, resist embossing.  I stamped the corner with Versamark, used clear detail powder to emboss the image, and then sponged over with Whisper ink to make the image appear.  One of the cool things about CTMH's new alcohol markers is that you can color plastic and glass (although I have found the colors may not be as brilliant).  I used a Smoothie marker to color some clear epoxy bubbles and clear bitty sparkles to "sprinkle" across the corner.
 
So there you are:  two cards that I hope will bring comfort.  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi
 
Materials used, all from Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Smoothie, Crème Brulee, and White Daisy cardstock, Bliss (retired)
Ink:  Whisper and Smoothie plus Slate pigment ink, Smoothie marker
Stamps:  Be Still, Rock the Block (retired)
Embellishments:  Clear Epoxy Bubbles from the Avonlea Card Workshop on the Go (retired), Bitty Sparkles, Amber sparkles from Recollections, Clear Detail Powder
Other:  Heritage embossing folder from Cuddlebug






4 comments:

  1. You are so gifted at creating BEAUTIFUL cards!! I am linked to you via email and I always look forward to opening up your email and seeing your new creations!! THANKS for sharing your gift!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both lovely, Hansi. Yep, flowers are definitely your thing! I also like how, as on this post, you share how your mind "works." These two cards are developments on a theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous resist embossing! Absolutely love it! I really need to try this soon! Also I adore the white on white matting and dry emboss--very classic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hansi, such a beautiful card. I love the colors of the flowers, great interpretation of the colors in the inspiration photo. Glad you joined us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete