A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, July 1, 2013

Star for the Rose Garden



The second June challenge in the Rose Garden is to use the "Birthday Boy" key on the Cricut Artiste cartridge from Close to My Heart.  Great!  I have exactly zero young boys in my life to make a card for.  I was at a loss until this idea finally came to me at close to the eleventh hour.  This card is a 6.5 x 5 inch card to accommodate the large sparkle flourish.  I cut stars at 2.5 and 2 inches in the new glitter paper and 2.25 and 1.5 in black cardstock and layered them with liquid glass which seems to be the only adhesive that will hold on the glitter side of glitter paper.  The center is a retired designer brad.  The star and sentiment are popped up with foam tape.  Trust me, this card sparkles!  I will most likely use it as a birthday card as I have several friends with "milestone" birthdays coming up.

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all from Close to My Heart:
Paper:  Black and White Daisy cardstock, Silver Flourish
Ink:  black
Stamp:  Fabulous You
Embellishments:  Sparkles Flourish, Rhinestone Designer Brad (retired)


4 comments:

  1. Wow, so pretty! Love this creative take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--have to run for my shades! This is so elegant, Hansi, beautiful design--perfect for a milestone birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I lOVE the bling! Thanks for playing in the Rose Blossom Garden! It's always so fun to see your creativity at work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Rose Blossom Garden.

    ReplyDelete