A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Sparkling Snowflake Shaker Christmas Card




What a difference the angle that the light hits an object can make!  In the first picture the card is upright and shot using a flash aimed straight up flooding the subject with even, indirect light, which is how I usually shoot my cards.  For the second I propped the card back against the background and bounced the flash at the ceiling roughly halfway between the camera and card so the light reflects off the surface allowing y'all to see how shiny it is.  But I am getting ahead of my self...

To me this Freshly Made Sketch screams shaker card:





That would mean a Christmas themed shaker card given the time of year...  The ABC Christmas Challenge is S for sparkle and T for texture which is perfect because I am still playing with Hero Arts Glimmer paints which have a beautiful metallic finish.  They come in dropper bottles and are almost as thick as acrylic paint, so I use techniques involving water.  For the card in my last post I put a few drops on an acrylic block, spritzed it with water, and smooshed it onto watercolor paper.  For this card I put a few drops of Blue, Green, and Sliver on a craft mat and spritzed generously.  I then used a sponge to dab the color onto watercolor paper.  The layers of color combined with the rough paper provided lots of texture and sparkle.  I also used the same Hero Arts Snowflake Cluster die I used on my last card to cut snowflakes, but then cut them apart and placed them around the sentiment panel.  I used Galvanized Metal paper that was available last year from Stampin' Up for the word merry and the background of the shaker pocket.  The sequin mix is Frosty II mix from Kat Scrappyness.  I finished the card off with sparkles at the center of the snowflakes because y'all know I like sparkles.

I am also entering this card in the Simon Say Stamp Monday Challenge to use something clear because you can't make a shaker card without clear acetate.  Plus some of the shaker bits are clear.  

One more Christmas card done!  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time,  Hansi

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What a great idea to use the sketch to create a shaker! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Shimmer and shine are so tricky to photograph - great to show the two different angles. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and such a fun shaker! Thank you for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning card. Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete