A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Star of Light in a Shimmery Sky









Once again, I have a shiny card that needed to be photographed with and without the light hitting it at an angle to show the shimmer.  I created it using this Fab Friday sketch:




For the background I used a sponge to lightly dab Wild Wasabi, Tranquil Tide, Night of Navy and Blackberry Bliss on to white cardstock and then swirled diluted Frost White shimmer ink over it.  After trimming it down I lightly sponged some Night of Navy along the edge to ground it and used white craft foam to pop it up from the card base.  I also heavily sponged Blackberry followed by Frost White on a strip of white cardstock.    I used dies from the Star of Light set to cut the background star from shimmer vellum and the filigree star from silver foil paper.  The sentiment is from Jane's Doodles' Holy Night stamp set and is attached with thin foam tape.  I finished the card with a purple sparkle from Hampton Art and some silver sparkles from TPC Studio.

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi 


2 comments:

  1. Oh Hansi! I bet this card is so sparkly in real life! Photos never do justice to shimmer. I love the colors and the soft background! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Hansi - LOVE the shimmer you've achieved! Thanks so much for sharing your technique and recipe, too! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete