A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Freshly Made Sketch 74


 
 
I am needing "thinking about you/praying for you" cards for too many friends.  I often find myself turning to this butterfly from the retired Find Your Style set from Close to My Heart.  I start by inking the stamp with a sponge dauber.  Then after I cut it out, I sponge the edges and sometimes a little farther in.  To give this card added dimension, I used pop up foam to attach the sentiment and attached only the body of the butterfly, so his wings can be lifted.  No, I did not attempt to stamp on embossed paper; I stamped the shadow before I embossed the paper.  This layout was provided by Alissa Chilton for Freshly Made Sketches.  She calls it her go to sketch and I can see why.  If you haven't checked out Allisa's blog, Rocky Mountain Paper Crafts, I highly recommend it.  She does beautiful work and has inspired me to pay more attention to the inside of my cards.  Here is the inside of this one:
 

 
 
 
Here is the sketch:
 
 
Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi
 
Materials used, all from Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Florentine (retired),Chocolate and Colonial White cardstock
Ink:  Twilight, Chocolate
Stamps:  Find Your Style (retired), Card Chatter - Sympathy
Embellishments:  Brown Opaques, Chrystal Stickers Mosaics by Mark Richards from Michael's
Other:  Cuddlebug Paper Lace II embossing folder, Art Philosophy Circut cartridge




5 comments:

  1. That butterfly is beautiful! And it looks awesome on the embossed background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Hansi! I love the colors you chose and the textured background. thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, that is one of my favorite butterfly stamps of all time. Love how you finished out the inside as well! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Hansi, this is so gorgeous! I love the colors, textures and that incredible beautiful butterfly! Thank you for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the colors & textures.

    ReplyDelete