A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Friday, March 3, 2023

Using My Green Scraps

 



I love to experiment with different techniques to make backgrounds which means I often have small pieces and trimmings left after cutting them down to card size or to fit behind a die cut window.   My bin was overflowing, so I pulled out the strips and sorted them by color family with the goal of using them on cards.  The Colorful Options Challenge color of the month is green so those are the ones I used to make this card following the current sketch from the CAS Colours and Sketches Challenge blog.




I glued the strips at an angle on a piece of printer paper and trimmed off the edges.  I used the last larger piece of the background I used for yesterday's card to back a window cut using Poppy Stamps' Cat Collage die and gilded the edges with gold embossing powder.  Because the strips were mostly watercolor paper which is pretty thick, I glued a bit of watercolor paper behind the upper half of the window panel to bring it up to the same level as the bottom.   The sentiment is from the So Many Sentiments set by Gina K Designs. 

I also plan to enter this in the Cut It Up CAS and Show Us Your Pussy Cats Furry Thing Goes challenges.  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi







6 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors! Very unique design and great way to use scraps. The die cut kitty window looks awesome. Great take on that sketch too. Thanks for sharing at Colorful Options March Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The colors are fabulous and what a great way to use scraps. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up CAS challenge.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn (CIU owner)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful, the colors are so pretty. Thanks for joining our CAS challenge at Cut it Up.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to use up your scraps - those greens look great against the white. Thanks for playing over at CAS Colours and Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Hansi, I love the use of scraps - the pattern is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the pattern and texture created with those strips! Great card! Thank you for joining us at Colorful Options!

    Sara Lihz

    ReplyDelete