A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Sunday, March 5, 2023

Red Violet Scraps and Silk Flowers

 


I live in the City of Richmond, Virginia.  A childhood friend lives Gloucester which, being rural, is somewhat lacking in retail opportunities.  Sometimes when we meet for lunch, instead of meeting somewhere halfway, she comes up here for a Hobby Lobby fix.  Now I buy pretty much all my crafting supplies online, so I am just along for the ride and company while she shops.  Or at least that's what I tell myself.  Let's just say I walked out with four packages of silk flowers from The Paper Studio and a few other goodies.  I suspect I am not the only one with an enabling crafty friend or two.  

For my first ever card with silk flowers I decided to use the Freshly Made Sketch below to make a card for the {PIN}spiratioinal Flower challenge and a new challenge, the Beautiful Blossoms Floral challenge.  Beautiful Blossoms is a monthly challenge that starts on the 15th of each month and ends on the 12th of the following month.  All entries must have a floral focal point even if the optional mood board does not feature flowers.

In my continuing effort to use my scraps I picked out trimmings that were mostly shades of red violet and glued them diagonally on a piece of printer paper.  After I trimmed the ends I edged the border with Dusty Concord Distress Oxide ink.  

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi










4 comments:

  1. It's impossible to walk into Hobby Lobby without walking out with something!! I love your choices. Such rich colors in the flowers and the background. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Hansi! WHAT A GREAT TAKE on that sketch challenge! I wouldn't have thought of designing that way, and it's not only beautiful, but so artsy! It's always fun seeing how crafters are inspired by the Mood Board at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers with us, and I hope to see more of your designs soon.
    Crafting Hugs,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hansi, I like your water colored striped paper and color combination with the flowers. the gold touches are are perfect. Thank you for sharing your floral creation with us at "Beautiful Blossoms". Look forward to you joining us again.
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, no wonder you bought those silk flowers and your strips are perfect for the sketch. So happy you played with us at Beautiful Blossoms this month and hoping to see you again! XOX, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete