A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, March 20, 2023

Panda and the Purple Crayon



 

The Seize the Birthday optional topping is a card for a child which motivated me to finally use this panda stamp from Stampin' Up that I have had for four or five years and never used.  As a matter of fact there is a challenge for that.  The NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) challenge is designed to inspire us use some of those craft supplies we have have been collecting.  This is one of my aspirations for 2023.  I have started putting newly purchased items in a bin next to my inks to remind me to use them and am also trying to make it a point to pull out older supplies that need to be christened.  As I was thinking about the panda and maybe a balloon, I stumbled on the Once Upon a Time challenge featuring one of my favorite books from childhood, Harold and the Purple Crayon which is about a little boy who uses his purple crayon to bring his imagination to life.  If you have never read it, there is read aloud video posted on the challenge page.  Now I had my concept.  My panda would use his crayon to create a balloon to float over to visit the birthday child and wish them a happy birthday.  I used a die from Altenew's Mix and Match Frames set to cut the dotted border for the AAA Birthday challenge to use dots or stripes.  I used an old, often used punch to cut the balloon, sponged on some ink to give it dimension and popped it up with thin foam tape.  The sentiment was cut using an old die from Simon Says Stamp.  To make the crayon I cut a small strip of purple paper, trimmed the end to look like a crayon, used a flat paint brush to apply ink to the ends and cut it to fit his paw.  Up, up and away my little panda!

I also plan to enter this in the Retro Rubber Anything Goes challenge.   Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi














7 comments:

  1. Hansi, this is pure delight! I love how your inspiration and creativity resulted in this fun card featuring your panda and his purple crayon and balloon! Your design and coloring are excellent. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this - your purple panda is just perfect - such a lovely card inspired by our challenge - thanks for playing at Once Upon a Time - I hope you come back again next mont

    ReplyDelete
  3. since purple is my favorite color, I just love this cute and fun little card! Great stitching around the edges and great coloring too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 💜🐼💜 This panda is adorable! I saw this at the NBUS Challenge and came by for a closer look. I host a new challenge, Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge. It is anything goes inspired by a theme park. Your card reminds me of the panda exhibit at Ocean Park Theme Park in Hong Kong. I’d love you to share this on Park Hopping My Happy Place. I hope you'll join the fun! Have a creative weekend. Join at https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/. Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, I still have this panda, too! Very fun to match him with OUT, too, perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great little CAS card, love the purple and black xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous design! Clean and cute with great colors!
    Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday Card Challenge - Pioniya, DT

    ReplyDelete