A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Cruisin' for Sympathy

Cruisin' was not my favorite paper in the Close to My Heart spring/summer catalog, but the Scrabble tile paper was perfect for a Father's Day card for my Scrabble/Words With Friends loving husband, so I ordered it anyway.  The flip side of the paper is an argyle which works well on a sympathy card that I made for a friend whose 14 year old dog crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  If you are not familiar with the Rainbow Bridge, you can read the poem here:  http://www.rainbowbridge.com/Poem.htm

 
The butterfly is one of my favorites from an old Close to My Heart set, Say It in Style.  I inked it in twilight and then dabbed black around the edges before stamping.  Black opaques make up his body.  I love to use butterflies and usually only glue the body, so that the wings can "flap."  Sometimes I stamp on the background to make a shadow.
 
 
I hope this card brings some comfort to my friend.  Thank you for stopping by.  Until next time, Hansi
 


No comments:

Post a Comment