A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Monday Mojo #264

At Stamp Group Monday, we made cards with stacked poinsettias cut from the new Close to My Heart cartridge, Artiste.  I thought it might be fun to make a flower using the same technique and, lo and behold, this week's Mojo Monday sketch is the perfect layout to use:

 
Can you believe this paper, Moonlight, is Close to My Heart's Halloween paper?
 
 
 
Using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge, I cut five <flower 8> in sizes ranging from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 inches, curled the petals, distressed them with Petal and Grey Flannel inks, stacked them and attached the completed flower with two pieces of foam tape stacked on each other.  I used the masking technique to stamp the sentiment from the Love Life set and finished with a frame from the pewter mini medley accents, some opaque pearls and a piece of ribbon.  All are from Close to My Heart.
 
 
 
 
This card is for Tim, who brings me roses for no reason.  Sometimes I wonder if the folks at the Fresh Market think we fight a lot.  Thank you for stopping by.  Until next time, Hansi

No comments:

Post a Comment