A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Has It Really Been That Long?!

It is hard to believe Tim and I have been married for 34 years.  Of course I was a child bride...  When I saw the La Belle Vie paper in the new Close to My Heart catalog, I knew that it was the paper I wanted to use to make an anniversary card. It has a romantic feel and a French theme which is perfect for my husband who loves Paris.

 
 
Although the paper is two sided, I wanted to preserve as much of it as possible for other uses, so I used the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the card from colonial white card stock and then cut a rectangle and traced the edge to make the cover.  Then I glued a small strip of the back side of the paper to the inside:
 
 
 
I used the same cartridge to cut the text box and flowers and embellished with the sparkle flourish, also from CTMH, and some ribbon.  My one complaint about the new papers is that some feature colors that are not available as ink.  For La Belle Vie, the only colors that are available as ink are black, bamboo, and sweet leaf.  Fortunately, vineyard berry, a recently retired color, co-ordinates well.  I am pretty happy with this card.  It looks like me.
 
Thank you for stopping by my new blog!  Until next time, Hansi

No comments:

Post a Comment