A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, October 29, 2012

I Hate Cancer!

I hate cancer!  But don't we all?  The husband of one of my scrappin' friends was diagnosed with cancer a few days before their wedding a little over a year ago.  Then came surgery and chemo with all it's side effects.  Six months after he finished it has reared its ugly head again.  I made this for them.


I have seen this layout in a number of places with no attribute, but the first one I saw and my favorite is on Angel Shifflet's blog, Happy Scrapin' & Stampin'.  This is done in one of my favorite  papers, Florentine, distressed with Cocoa.  The bird is from the "Find Your Style" set stamped in Twilight and Cocoa and attached with foam tape.  The sentiment is from "Card Chatter - Sympathy."  A few adhesives from the Mocha set finishes it off.  All materials are from Close to My Heart.


Inside I left plenty of room to write a personal note.  I am sorry that they have to fight another battle and hope this card brings them some comfort.

Thanks for stopping by.  Until next time, Hansi

No comments:

Post a Comment