A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, June 17, 2019

Father's Day Cats 2019




This Father's Day card from our two and four legged daughters is based on this Freshly Made Sketch:




I started with a 4.25 x 5.5 inch piece of white cardstock and applied Candied Apple, Ripe Crimson, and Dried Marigold Distress Oxide inks, blending until I was happy with the result.  While I had the ink out I covered a small piece with Candied Apple, so I could have matching sentiment strips.  I cut the large cat using Close to My Heart's Artistry Cricut cartridge, the medium cat using a die from Spellbinder's Kitty Cats die set, and the little cats using Impression Obsession's Cat Set.  Then I heat embossed them with three coats of clear detail powder.  The sentiment was stamped with an old Close to My Heart set, Say It in Style using Black Versafine ink, heat embossed with clear detail powder and attached with foam tape.  The finishing touches were cut from Stampin' Up's Grapefruit Grove foil paper which has a hologram effect to it.

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

3 comments:

  1. These lovely silhouettes just pop against your gorgeous inked background! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the silhouettes against the inky background! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great Father's Day card! Love all those cats and the beautiful background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete