A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, June 3, 2019

Peek-a-boo Gull





If CAS means lots of white space and minimal embellishments, this card would qualify, but I am not sure I can say simple because lining up the die to cut the window in the right place was fun and games.  I started with this Freshly Made Sketch:




I knew I wanted to make a summer themed card for the Paper Players Challenge, and I had just discovered the Daring Cardmakers intriguing challenge to create a secret hideaway for an element of your card.  I found myself thinking what if I made the circle on the sketch a window which only showed a hint of what was inside.  Some of y'all may know that I grew up where the Chesapeake Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean and have a thing for lighthouses, so this is what you see when you open the card.  




First I stamped the inside using Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink and Close to My Heart's Perfect Day and Seaside Greetings stamp sets.  Then I cut a window and stamped the front.  After coloring with Prismacolor pencils, I stamped the sentiment from Altenew's Quilted Elegance in Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink.  Then as I wrote the above sentence and looked at the sketch again I realized I had not noticed that it includes an element along the left edge, so I stamped the edge with Stampin' Up's Wood Background stamp and re-shot the photo.  Can I get this posted and linked in time?

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful card and such a clever take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hansi... your card is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very pretty card, Hansi! I love your soft colouring and the peek-a-boo window. Thanks for sharing your card with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your scene card....great looking.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful peek-a-boo card, Hansi! I love the coloring and the beach scene you have created. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is STUNNING. What a wonderful creation, it's like a little piece of art! We love the Chesapeake and the Atlantic as well...we always went to Rehoboth, though!! Anyway, your scene is just delightful and to have it peeking through the window is even more special! We are so happy that you shared this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!! This is just so beautiful! I love every detail! Love the peek through, too! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hansi this card is FABULOUS! Such a beautiful scene and I love the way your peek-a-boo window gives a hint of what lies beyond. CAS doesn't always mean easy or without thought - this is a wonderful example of the detail that can go into a great CAS card. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is a total masterpiece! WOW!

    ReplyDelete