A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Heart 2 Heart Color Challenge for Fall


As I mentioned earlier, I had twelve whole hours of paper therapy and girlfriend time which means I have a few cards to share.  Can y'all handle one more tonight?  The challenge this week over at Heart 2 Heart is to celebrate fall by using Barn Red, Sunset, Cashmere and Gypsy in a project.  Well that is one way to make me take a break from playing with my Frosted paper!  It just so happened that I had just gotten the new Huntington paper which would be perfect for this challenge.  My first thought was to use leaves.  Now I do not know about where y'all live, but the trees here in Virginia do not turn purple, so I still needed to figure out a way to work in some Gypsy.  Hmmmm.  This card became another lesson in learning to let go of an idea.  As I flipped through my stamps, I came upon my favorite butterfly along with a new idea and away I went.  This card came together pretty easily using this week's Freshly Made Sketch



I love ow the new Bronze Shimmer Trim compliments the rich colors in the Huntington paper.  I also slipped in a little bronze glitter paper along the outside edge of the dark panel.  Thank you for stopping by!  Now please head on over to see some more creations at Heart 2 Heart and Freshly Made Sketches  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Huntington (I am assuming that the background B&T has Cashmere in it.), Gypsy, Champagne, and Colonial White cardstock, Brown glitter paper
Ink:  Gypsy, Sunset, Bard Red
Stamps:  Find Your Style (retired), Joyful Birthday
Embellishments:  Brown Opaques, Sonoma Assortment (retired)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful butterfly! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Hansi! I love that beautiful butterfly! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I saw a peek of glitter on that edge! LOVE the combination here, Hansi! My favorite butterfly too. I love how you solved that little issue with the Gypsy. If you do find some purple leafed trees, please do let me know! ;) Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Heart 2 Heart again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hansi, such a beautiful card. I love the butterfly and how Huntington works so well with this card. Thank you for joining us at H2H

    ReplyDelete