A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Big Hug in Lagoon, Sorbet, and Flaxen




I'll bet that y'all thought I had given up card making (or at least blogging about it).  It sure felt like that to me!  Life and family issues have been complicated.  This week, however, I did get a chance to make a card for the Color My Heart Color Dare to use Lagoon, Sorbet, and Flaxen.  You may notice that I substituted Bamboo because I do not have Flaxen paper yet.  To help me keep the strips of paper parallel I used washi tape to secure my card at an angle on my Versamat and then just used the grid marks to guide me



The flowers are retired Color-Ready Wooden Garden Shapes.  I used opaque pigment ink to color them because with dye inks the color of the wood shows though and affects the color of the finished product.  The lagoon flower looked almost green when I used dye ink.  Plus, the pigment ink provides a richer color.  

Now why don't you head on over Color My Heart to see some other projects using these colors, or better yet, take the dare yourself?  Remember, you can use any brand of products and if you don't have a particular color, just use the closest one you have.  We would love to see your work!  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time (which hopefully will not be another two months), Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Lagoon, Sorbet, Bamboo, Chocolate, and Colonial White cardstock
Ink:  Chocolate, plus Lagoon and Sorbet pigment inks
Stamps:  Big Hug
Embellishments:  Color Ready Wooden Garden Shapes (retired), Brown Opaque (retired)

5 comments:

  1. So good to see you creating again--I've missed the inspiration that your artwork provides! I love the bold lines and fabulous flower on your card. Hope you get much more time to create and share!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! So, simple, yet elegant! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Hansi! Love your card and tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab!! So glad to have you back. We've missed you and your wonderful creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always inspired by your cards, Hansi. They seem so simple, but utterly beautiful. Thanks for sharing on the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete