A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, January 30, 2017

Birthday Kitty with Balloons




My daughter's birthday was last week.  Her favorite things in the whole world are baseball and cats which she comes by honestly having inherited her love of baseball from her daddy and her love of cats from her mama.  After several years of making baseball themed birthday cards for her I decided to use this sketch from Try Stamping on Tuesday to make a cat card.





I started by embossing this adorable stamp from Inkadinkado and covering the stamped balloons with ones that I cut using Close to My Heart's Artiste Cricut cartridge (page 70) and sponged with ink to give them dimension.  I popped up the Honey colored balloon with thin foam tape and the Lagoon one with regular foam tape.  The sentiment was cut using the same key and sponged.  Lastly I stitched around the edges of the panel with black upholstery thread.  The paper comes from the Cloud Nine paperpack from years ago.  Here is the inside:




Yes, my cats sign cards.  Don't yours?  Thank you for stopping by!   Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Cloud Nine (retired), Honey (retired), Lagoon, Sunset (retired), and White Daisy cardstock
Ink:  Honey (retired), Lagoon, Sunset (retired), LePen
Stamp:  from Inkadinkado
Embellishment:  Black upholstery thread bought from somewhere I can't remember
Other:  Artisite Cricut cartridge

No comments:

Post a Comment