A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, August 24, 2020

Freshly Made Triangles

 


Long time no post!  It isn't that I haven't been making cards; I just haven't had time to photograph them before sending them or haven't gotten them finished in time to meet a challenge deadline.  As it is, this one is getting in just under the wire.  When I saw this Freshly Made Sketch I was so excited because I had just gotten the Prismatic Triangle layering dies by Birch Press Design and wanted to play with them.  



At first I thought I would cut off the extraneous triangles, but then it seemed like the composition would be out of balance, so I thought I would just not color them in which was also unbalanced until I pulled the color through by putting the sentiment on a background using same colors as the triangles that are part of the sketch.  Leaving the edges of the extra triangles ties the sentiment piece to rest of the design.

I started by using blending brushes to blend Peacock by Close to My Heart with Night of Navy and Rich Razzleberry from Stampin' Up on white card stock and cutting it with Layer C (bottom layer) to get the filler pieces to color the triangles.  If you have not tried blending brushes I highly recommend them.  They make it so easy to create smooth blends!  I layered two layer C's and a layer B cut from white cardstock and one layer A cut from Champagne foil cardstock from Stampin' Up.  Champagne is like a warm silver.  I also used it for the sentiment cut with a Simon Says Stamp die. The sentiment piece is popped up with thin foam tape.  Although I usually cannot resist adding some sparkles, this time I felt they would detract from the clean geometry of the design.


Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

5 comments:

  1. Super cool & perfectly balanced design! Love the ombre coloring. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card! Those triangles are just gorgeous! Love the champagne foil accents! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! I love the rich colors you’ve used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! But I can't seem to find a source where those dies are available. Do you have any idea where I could order these dies?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it from Birch Press Design, but like you, I am having trouble finding it in stock. I wonder if it has been discontinued. Where are you? I did find it at scrapbookcity.ca with each layer as a separate item. Here is a link to layer A http://scrapbookcity.ca/memory-box/dies/die-prismatic-triangle-layer-a.html You would need to also order layers B and C for the full 3D effect. I don't know anything about this website though. I did a quick check on ebay and didn't see it. It might be worth checking back every so often. I am sorry I cannot be more helpful. It is frustrating to see something you love and not be able to find it.

      Delete