A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Snowflake Net Christmas

 



The Color Hues Challenge colors of magenta and blue were the perfect colors to inaugurate my new stencil, Snowflake Net, by A Colorful Life Designs. Such a crazy nontraditional snowflake stencil calls for bright, nontraditional colors, don't you think?  I used Picked Raspberry and Salty Ocean Distress Inks which are more vibrant than the Oxides and a blender brush to build up the color.  As I blended I got various hues of violet as a bonus.  For the sentiment I cut the word "merry" three times in white and once in black using a die from Birch Press Designs, stacked them, and backed it with some velum because the background was so busy.  Then I white heat embossed the word Christmas from the Simon Says Stamp Stained Glass Greetings set on black and attached it with foam tape.  I backed the panel with black cardstock before attaching it to a white card base.  By the way, if you are looking for an intensely black heavy cardstock, I recommend Hero Arts Pitch Black Premium 111 pound cardstock. I finished off my card with some black sparkles.

I also plan to enter this card in the Winter Wonderland "Anything Christmas"  and Inkspirational "Snow" challenges.  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi








6 comments:

  1. Your ink blending is so crisp and clean I thought at first the snowflakes were a big die cut overlaid on the background! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the Oxide inks mixed together on this gorgeous cad! You can see the depth of your greeting as well. The subtle vellum behind the merry was genius! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the ink blending and your fabulous take using the colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is absolutely beautiful!!!
    Thank you so much for playing at Color Hues and for making our challenge colors shine in such an amazing way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! Thank you so much for playing at Color Hues and for making the colors shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Echoing the others: your Snowflake Net card is dazzling! A crisp, fresh wintry wonderland! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational and Color Hues!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete