A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, August 30, 2021

Freshly Made Sketch's 500th Challenge

 


Freshly Made Sketches is celebrating their 500th sketch!




I started by spraying Dina Wakely glossy acrylic sprays in Turquoise, Ocean, Fuchsia, and Night on 9x12 bristol and, once it was dry, cut out the focal panel.  I am sure y'all will see some of the rest in other cards...  Because the sprays are acrylic, regular dye and pigments inks will not adhere to the surface, so I rubbed some Archival ink in Majestic Violet along the edges of the panel to ground it.  For the backing panel I embossed a piece of Close to My Heart paper (I think it was Pansy) using the 3D Subtle embossing folder from Stampin' Up and sponged on a little Milled Lavender Distress Ink to make the texture a little less, well, subtle.  The snowflakes were cut with the Snowflake Edger die from Gina K Designs.  I cut the sentiment twice from white and once from Silver Foil cardstocks using a die from Spellbinders and stacked them.  I attached a thin piece of the Silver foil on the snowflake border to tie it in.  Lastly I finished it off with some sparkles.

I am also entering this card in the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge to use non-traditional colors and the Holly and Ivy anything Christmas goes challenge.

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi







7 comments:

  1. Pretty holiday card! I am a total snowflake fan! Glad you joined us at FMS for our 500th sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fresh white snowflakes on that sprayed background! Thank you for playing along with our 500th sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Hansi! I love the speckled look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice of non traditional colours. I find purple hard to work with but you’ve done a great job here. Thanks for playing along with Christmas Craft Creations. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and love the non traditional colours with a favourite of mine there. Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Craft Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a delightful Christmas card, thanks for joining us at THAIC.

    ReplyDelete