A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, January 9, 2023

Birthday Card For a Cat Dad

 



I need a birthday card for my husband, a devoted cat dad known as Soft Touch by our furry, pointy eared darlings.  Once again Freshly Made Sketches has provided the purrfect sketch to use my favorite cat die from Obsession Impression.



I have always cut the cats from black cardstock and placed them against bright colors or on a black and white card.  This time I cut them from white cardstock for a white CAS (ish) card with a pop of color provided by a background I made using watercolor paper and Lindy's Magicals which are like Brusho powders with mica in them.  I used the Victorian Bouquet set which has green mica in some of the colors.  For each block I used Hero Arts square Infinity dies to cut two squares to stack and then taped two dies together to cut a frame for the third layer.  I then used the smaller, "inside" die to cut a square of the background to inlay.  I cut two of each cat and stacked them to give them some dimension.   For the panel I used a die from Altenew's Mix and Match Frames set and trimmed off one end for a 4x3 panel and backed it with more of the background.  I heat embossed a sentiment from an old Close to My Heart set, Holiday Tags, in silver.

Inside I heat embossed a sentiment from Gina K Designs' So Many Sentiments set and used some of the extra cats and scraps to pretty it up.




I also plan to enter this into the AAA Birthday Anything Birthday and Show Us Your Pussycats Anything Goes challenges.  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi









6 comments:

  1. Oh this card is fabulous and perfect for a cat-lover! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect card for a cat-lover! And I love the cat silhouettes die-cut from white with those fabulous backgrounds you created!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The white cats against the dark background work so well.

    Thanks for joining us at the AAA Birthday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful masculine card. I love cats :) Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at AAA Birthday! I hope to see you in our next challenges! Take care and keep crafting! Valérie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh just realized you shared new badge!
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete