A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Saturday, March 11, 2023

More Silk Flowers on a CASED Card

 


The Global Design Project challenge this week is to CASE (Copy And Selectively Edit) this card by Kim Fee:



This is a good one for me to CASE because I still have some of the Paper Studio flowers a friend "encouraged" me to buy when I accompanied her on a trip to Hobby Lobby.  I had an old blended, slightly distressed background in similar colors, so I cut it down and gilded the edges.  I cut out the center and embossed it with an old Stampin' Up 3D embossing folder and then cut a ring to go around  it from some textured gold paper from the Paper Studio.  I backed the square with two pieces of cardstock before attaching it to the card base to give it some dimension.  I  embossed the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Vintage Garden set and and used the coordinating die to cut it out and stacked it on a second cutout.  After attaching a multi looped bow of gold thread and the flowers, I added some pearls to the embossed center.

I plan to enter this in the Can You Handle the Pressure "Anything Goes with the Optional Twist of Rainbows" challenge which requires the use of an embossing folder and the Beautiful Blossoms Floral Challenge.  Beautiful Blossoms is a new challenge which features an optional mood board and runs from the 15th of the month to the 12th of the following month.  It goes without saying that flowers must be a prominent feature on your project which does not have to be a card.

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi







5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I like the soft tones and the embossed circle is a great backdrop for the flowers.
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! Long, long ago, in a land far, far away, I used to take the flower heads off "cheap" silk flower bunches, and use them for card making and gift bag decorating. Back then, we could send "lumpy cards" thru the mail LOL. I shaded them with chalks. Your delightful creation reminds me of the fun I had. What I really treasure, Hansi, is your embossed background with those carefully placed pearls! It's always fun seeing how crafters are inspired by the Mood Board at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers with us, and I hope to see more of your designs soon.
    Crafting Hugs,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovey CASE'd card and a CAS design. I have loads of silk and acetate flowers and wonder what to do with them. Thanks for the inspiration and Thanks for sharing with us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we hope you'll play again soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lovely card! All the details add up to a gorgeous design. Thanks so much for joining us the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Fabulously composed with a delicacy that mesmerizes... Love the embossed quilting, the touch of pearl, the gold lettering and the rustic bow to bring out the beauty of your flowers. Thank you for joining us at "Beautiful Blossoms", and I look forward to you joining us again.
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete