A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Friday, June 27, 2014

Color My Heart in Pacifica, Crystal Blue, and Red Barn




This week's Color My Heart Color Dare is to use Pacifica, Crystal Blue, and Red Barn to create a project which dovetails nicely with Heart 2 Heart's "Rhapsody in Blue" challenge.  I started by using pigment inks and clear detail powder to stamp and emboss the girl and sentiment from Close to My Heart's "Dreamer" stamp set.  Then I sponged over the girl with Pacifica dye ink.  To add texture to the background panel, I used Crystal Blue pigment ink to stamp the butterfly from the set diagonally across a piece of Crystal Blue cardstock.  The sequins came with the Ivy Lane Workshop on the Go Cardmaking Kit.  I had to add a few Blue Sparkles...  If it weren't for the embellishments I would say that this is almost CAS.

After being away from my craftroom and the bloggersphere for a while, it feels good to be back.  Thank you for stopping by!  Now why don't you head on over to Heart 2 Heart and Color My Heart to see some more creations?  Better yet, why not take the Color Dare yourself?  If you don't have the exact colors, just use the the closest ones you have.  We would love to see what your creation!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Crystal Blue, Red Barn and Colonial White cardstock
Ink:  Pacifica, with Pacifica, Crystal Blue and Red Barn pigment inks
Stamp:  Dreamer
Embellishments:  Sequins, Blue Crystals (retired)
Other:  Clear Detail embossing powder

4 comments:

  1. Very creative. I love all the pigment ink ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to use this stamp set, Hansi! Cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sponging over embossing is so pretty! Thanks for taking the Rhapsody in Blue challenge @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the technique you used! Great job! Thanks for joining us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete