A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

A Thank You for a Thoughtful Gift





My best friend growing up, who is stationed in Bagdad, sent me a flag that was flown over the American Embassy for me in honor of my grandfather and father who served in the Marines and Navy respectively.  I still tear up when I look at it.  Such a special gift requires a special thank you card.

I started by inking the flat side of the Leafy Branch embossing folder by Cuddlebug and embossing a piece of Colonial White cardstock.  Then I swiped an ink pad directly on the raised design.  I then used a sponge dauber to add a bit more color to some of the leaves and stems.  I love the batiked effect.  I heat embossed the sentiment with gold embossing powder and then gilded the the top and bottom edge by perpendicularly pressing the edge into a Versarmark pad and then in the embossing powder.  I popped it up using foam tape.  The twine was bought at Target years ago.  I like how the metallic thread compliments the heat embossing.

I am entering this card in the Just Add Ink challenge to just add embossing.

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

5 comments:

  1. This has such a lovely textured feel Hansi! I love the subtle variations in colours. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Hansi! I love how the colours blend and pop on your embossed leaves and the soft background adds another dimension and layer of colour. So pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card, Hansi. I adore the colour palette especially on the embossed background. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing your project with us for the Just Add Ink challenge. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Hansi!! I love the texture you created with the different layers of ink!

    ReplyDelete