A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Thursday, February 21, 2019

A Star in a Swirling Metallic Sky




The Jingle Belles want to see Christmas cards with glitter or metallics and I had some of the Hero Arts Glimmer Metallic Ink that I wanted to play with.  Did I mention that the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge has the optional twist of stars?  I had a vision of a star in a metallic version of a swirling galaxy sky.  Time to get playing!

The glimmer inks are fairly thick, almost like paint, and come in a dropper bottle.  I put a few drops of pewter, blue, and purple inks on a craft mat and spritzed them with a bit of water to thin them some but not so much that they would not have some texture as they layered on my paper.  I smooshed Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock into the puddles dragging and lifting until the paper was covered and let it dry naturally.  I did not spritz the paper during the smooshing and dragging process.

Next I used a die from Stampin' Up's Star of Light set to cut a star from my dry panel and from a piece of craft foam cut slightly smaller.  I then embossed the sentiment and attached the card front and craft foam to the card base.  I cut a filigree star from silver foil paper to nestle into the star shaped well and finished it off with a blue violet sparkle.

Lastly I used Color Box silver metallic pigment ink to stamp the inside:





Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi 

Materials used:
Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 cardstock, Close to My Heart Silver foil paper
Ink:  Hero Arts Glimmer inks in Pewter, Blue, and Purple, Color Box Silver pigment ink
Stamp and Dies:  Star of Light by Stampin' Up
Embellishments:  Purple Sparkle by Ki Memories, White craft foam, Gina K Superfine White embossing powder



3 comments:

  1. Such an amazingly appealing card; it is seriously breathtaking. Wow! So pleased you could get sparkly with us at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. February slipped by when I wasn't looking! Sorry for this late visit!
    This is a fabulous card I love that beautiful blue with a gorgeous star!
    Thanks so much for joining in our Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete