A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

An Anniversary Card for the Color Hues Challenge

 


I am not usually a fan of color challenges.  They often ask you to combine three or four colors and specify the shade of the color which is just too confining for me.  The new Color Hues Challenge picks two colors, and you are free to use different shades of that color plus neutrals.  This week's challenge was to use Cream and Gold.  I can finally post my entry.  You see, this is an anniversary card for my husband, who sometimes looks at my blog, so I had to wait until I gave it to him to post.  Yes, we did get married on a Friday the thirteenth.  

I do not remember who made the heart with the leaves.  A few years ago a friend came over to do some crafting and bought the die with her.  I cut one to keep in my stash.  The second heart came with my Gemini Jounior and the love sentiment is an old Stampin' Up die.  I heat embossed each die cut with three layers Ranger Princess Gold and set them aside.  For the front panel I used Ranger Vintage Pearl to heat emboss the Rebecca Lace Background stamp from Simon Says Stamp on Colonial White cardstock from Close to My Heart.  To get the gilded edge, I held the paper perpendicular to a Versamark stamp pad and pressed the edge into it and then heat embossed the edge with more Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder.  I wanted the plain heart to have some leaves to compliment the large heart, but of course, I didn't have the die, so I cut a few leaves from the Simon Says Stamp Circle of Leaves die and heat embossed them with three layers of the Vinatage Pearl powder.  I put everything together, popping uo the panel with craft foam.   I embellished the large heart with a few small pearls.  Here is the inside:




Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi




2 comments:

  1. This is one of the prettiest Anniversary or could be wedding cards I have seen! Well done Hansi! I am sure you hubby loved it too! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful Anniversary card! Love the embossed background! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Color Hues Challenge!

    ReplyDelete