A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Sunday, October 17, 2021

Scrap Happy Snowflakes

 



I made this card for the ABC Christmas Challenge, V is for Vocabulary, Christmas 24 Challenge, Simply Snowflakes, and the Stinkin' Inkers Challenge, Scrap Happy, using one of the scraps that were left after making this card and others like it.  Please excuse the photo quality as it was taken with my phone under a strong overhead light.  It does, however, show the metallic shine that is not as obvious in the photos of the card taken in my usual set up with a bounce flash.  I used the other two scraps to make cards which I am not entering.   You can see them at the end of this post.



To make the backgrounds that I cut the ornaments from I put drops of Hero Arts Glimmer Metallic Inks on my craft sheet, misted them with water and smooshed them onto watercolor paper.  To get a second card from each scrap I placed a Hero Arts Snowflake Edge Fancy Die at a diagonal across a 4 x 5 inch piece of white cardstock, taped it in place, made my die cut sandwich with the edge of the top cutting plate so that the plate only covered the part of the paper I wanted cut and then ran it though the machine.  You can see this partial die cut technique in action in this Jennifer McGuire video.  Because the watercolor paper is so thick, if I backed the snowflakes with a scrap, you would see a ridge in the white cardstock, so I cut a 4 x 5.25 piece of printer paper to use as a backing, attached a 2.25 x 4 inch piece cut from scrap at the top edge to back the snowflakes and a 3 x 4 inch piece of watercolor paper below it to create a level surface and then put the white cardstock with the snowflake edge on top.

I used the die from the Hero Arts Stamp and Cut set  to cut the word Peace twice from white cardstock and once from Galvanized Metal cardstock from Stampin' Up and then stacked them.  I also cut a 1/8 inch strip and glued it along the bottom of the snow flakes.  I embossed a sentiment from the set in silver and underlined it with a very narrow strip cut from the scrap.  Lastly, I attached the panel to a white card base and embellished the center of each snowflake with a bitty sparkle.

Here are the other two cards which I am not entering.





And then I found the remaining scraps from the ornament cards which I need to use.  Plus, there are some small pieces leftover from the scraps above.  To be continued...




Thank You for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi












3 comments:

  1. Beautiful ink blending/smooshing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super jolie cette carte Hansi, chic et élégante, merci de jouer avec nous chez Christmas 24, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete