A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Thursday, January 13, 2022

A is For Anything Christmas, S is for Snowflake, Sparkle, and Spray

 



I have some cardmaking goals for this year:

1. Use more of my stash and old supplies rather than just "collect" them.
2. Make at least four Christmas cards a month to avoid the December crush.
3. Learn how to use and experiment with my gel press.

This card furthers two out of three.  The current theme for Shopping Our Stash is Something That Starts with S and the theme for the ABC Christmas Challenge is A is for Anything Christmas and B is for Baubles, hence the title of this post.  

I have a never ending stash of backgrounds because I can never make just one when I get going.  This background is part of a play session with sprays in which I used mostly 9x12 sheets of bristol paper and watercolor paper.  For this particular one I sprayed water and then Bubble Gum Pink Shimmer, Periwinkle Blue, and Vibrant Turquoise Dylusions inks on bristol paper and then smooshed a second sheet flat on it.  When I picked up the top sheet there was still a lot of ink pooling on the bottom sheet, so rather then blot it up with a paper towel I grabbed the first sheet of cardstock I could lay my hands on, Sea Glass from Close to my Heart, and smooshed it on in different spots until I had blotted up the pools of ink.

I used an old Hero Arts Cut Out Christmas Fancy die to cut the top of 4.25 x 4.50 piece which left me with a beautiful, blue and turquoise script Christmas die cut that I could use somewhere else.  Once I attached the panel to a white card base I didn't really like the look of the white showing through the opening so I used the same die to cut the top of a white panel the same size as the first to have a white Christmas die cut to inlay in the opening to give the card a more finished look.   I finished the card off with a silver foil snowflake cut using an old Close to My Heart die, a sparkle, and a strip of silver foil.

If you are keeping track, I had a white twin of the blue and turquoise panel and that blue/turquoise Christmas die cut which I couldn't let go to waste, so I made a second card:




I just love a two for one, don't you?  I also plan to enter this card in the Holly and Ivy Christmas Anything Christmas Goes challenge.  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi








 

5 comments:

  1. S is for snowflake!! What a gorgeous wintery background you have created!! Thanks for playing along with our "something that begins with S" challenge over at SOS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fab card, Hansi, the background is awesome! Thanks for joining in at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a twofer too, and these are so beautiful. Your craft goals for this year sound up my street too! I particularly love the white cut out sentiment with the beautiful blues behind.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful CAS cards! Love them. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card - love the shade of blue!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete