A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, February 14, 2022

For an Artist Turning 80




 
Although I shouldn't after all these years, I still get a little nervous making cards for my brother-in-law, an artist who taught printmaking at the local university for 51 years.  I brayered Medium Magenta and Bright Aqua Green Liquitex acrylic paints onto my gel press and pulled a print for the background.  The interesting thing is when you mix red and green you get mud, but for some reason when you mix a turquoise green and pink you get mauve and violet.  I cut out a piece to use on an A2 sized card, and then used Birch Press Design's String Frame die to cut a cover plate from silver foil.  I cut the numbers three times from white cardstock and once from the darkest sheet in Stampin' Up's silver specialty paper pack.  I love the purple cast and lined texture of it.

Here is the inside.




The sentiments was cut from the same paper and print using a Simon Says Stamp die by CZ Design.  My brother-in-law and sister have a spoiled rotten ginger cat, so I used a die from Spellbinders to cut a cat from a scrap from another gel press print.

I plan to enter this in the Mix It Up Anything Goes Plus Optional Foiling, Seize the Birthday Sparkle and Shine, and Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies challenges.  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi








3 comments:

  1. A wonderful creative card for a special birthday! Thanks for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know he will love it!! The background paper is beautiful and the foil is so cool with that intricate die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally see why you would be nervous making a card for an artist! My hubby is a retired art teacher and it makes me a bit nervous when I show him my cards, unfortunately and he usually critiques it.LOL As for this beauty, I think he will love it. Love that your color mixing worked out so well! Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete