A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

More Fun With My New Toy

 


The Jingle Belles want to see what goodies either Santa brought, or we treated ourselves to in the pre or post holiday sales.  I happily obliged while having fun playing with my new 8x10 Gel Press, experimenting and getting a feel for applying acrylic paint to it.   The colors I used for this background are actually pretty bright, not pastels.  After rolling out the paint, I continued to brayer off paint until I had a thin coat, let it dry, and then rolled on a thin coat of white to pull it.  I used part of the print to back a die cut made using the Hero Arts Snowflake Pattern Cover Plate die.  I used a die set from Pink and Main to cut the sentiment from the darkest sheet from Stampin' Up's Silver Foil Specialty pack.  I love the purple cast and lined texture of it.  Although it showed against the background, the snowflakes were a little distracting, so I cut the shadow from some vellum which muted the snowflakes just enough to lift the sentiment from the background.  I finished my card with some light purple sparkles.

I also plan to enter this in the {PIN}spirational Winter Challenge and Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies challenge.  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi










4 comments:

  1. what a beautiful background and such an awesome way to test drive the new gel plate. this is an utterly gorgeous card! what an awesome start to the 2022 JINGLE BELLES season! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous gel press print ... love the metallic sentiment too ... so very glad you shared what Santa brought you with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gel press sounds fun!! And of course this card is beautiful! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete