A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Friday, June 18, 2021

Balloons for a Graduate

 


A young man I have known for years is graduating from high school.  He is on the more involved end of the autism spectrum and would not appreciate the usual style graduation card but might like a card with bright colors and identifiable objects.  I often make cards featuring this stamp of a cat being lifted up by the balloons he is holding.  I cover the stamped balloons with balloons cut from cardstock using the Stampin' Up balloon punch.  The problem is the punch cuts balloons in two sizes, and it is awkward to try to cut only the smaller one, so I have a considerable stash of larger balloon die cuts begging to be used.

I selected five in primary and secondary colors but had to cut an orange one because I rarely use orange.  I sponged the edges of each balloon with ink to give them some dimension and arranged them in the order of the color wheel, so I could enter this card in the Use Your Stash Rainbow challenge.  The back three balloons are glued directly to the card panel.  The blue and yellow ones are attached with thin foam tape and the green with thicker foam tape.




I used an old Spellbinders die to cut the word Hooray three times and stacked them.  The sentiment strip comes from a Taylored Expressions Simple Strips stamp and die set.  I drew the balloon strings with a black gel pen.

As graduation is a special occasion I am also entering this in the Water Cooler Wednesday All About Occasions challenge.  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi








3 comments:

  1. Oh wow.. this is amazing! Love the ballons!

    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so striking, love how you've layered and arranged the balloons, love the rainbow of colours too, gorgeous CAS card for this special occasion,thankyou for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great grad card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete