A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, June 21, 2021

Father's Day 2021

 


Father's Day is bittersweet for me as Daddy passed in 2013, but there is another Daddy in my life, my husband, who is a devoted father to our grown daughter with special needs and gets card from me every year to show my appreciation for all he does.  This year's is based on this Freshly Made Sketch:


I started by smooshing Cracked Pistachio, Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers and Walnut Stain Distress Oxide inks onto a piece of cardstock for the strip and blending the same colors minus the Walnut Stain on a small piece that I cut using a stitched oval die from Stampin' Up.  While I was at it I cut two more ovals to stack for dimension and sponged some Salty Ocean ink around the edge.  The dad cat was cut with a die by Spellbinders and the kitten with one by Obsession Impression from bronze metallic paper I bought in an assortment pack years ago at Michael's.  It doesn't show that the bronze paper and the pearl paper I used for the hearts has a nice shimmer.  I used a colored pencil to make a bit of a shadow below the kitties to ground them.  Did I mention that my husband is also daddy to two spoiled cats?  I stamped a sentiment from Close to My Heart's Say It in Style set in Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink and heat embossed it with Clear Detail powder from Ranger.

I also plan to enter this card in the Male Room Dads and Grandads, Crafty Gals Corner One for the Boys, and Stinkin Inkers You're the Man challenges.

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi




9 comments:

  1. Wht a special man and a special card. Thank you for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card for your husband! Love those die cut cats! They're so cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! Such wonderful colours! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Skeetches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a precious image, and I love the colors you used. Thanks for joining us at Stinkin' Inkers this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband definitely sounds like a keeper Hansi! I love the cats as the main image and the beautiful smooshed pattern you made with the strip. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super colour mix and cats, great design also. So difficult to say a proper thank you when dealing with disability. Thank you so much for joining us in our Dads & GrandDads challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute :) Great work.
    Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.
    Majda, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great masculine card! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.
    Maja DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card. I am sure your husband loved it. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Gals. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana

    ReplyDelete