A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Friday, June 18, 2021

Rainbow Butterflies

 


I always have a stash of backgrounds ready to use, some like this one, feature ink blending.  Many people like blending with Distress Oxide inks because they are not quick to dry which makes getting a smooth blend easier, and being opaque, you can cover mistakes.  I prefer regular Distress inks because the colors are more intense and I like how one color  seems to glow through the other.  Unfortunately that means sometimes my transitions are blotchy or not as smooth as I would like.  Then there is the dreaded unintended ink "embellishment" which seems to happen when I have a lovely blend going:



With Oxide inks I could let it dry and then go over that section to cover it.  With Distress there is no getting away from it.  This background went into my backgrounds that will need special consideration to use.  Often such backgrounds are cut into strips or die cuts or are used to back window die cuts that only reveal the parts I like as with this card set.  

A few days ago I finally got around to using a layered butterfly die set from Stampin' Up and had some lovely negative space leftovers that were worth saving.  I wanted to enter the Use Your Stuff Rainbow challenge in honor of Pride Month and knew I had a few rainbow backgrounds including this "needs special consideration" one.  It just so happened that the butterflies were in just the right place to hide the ink blot.  I cut only the top butterfly layer to allow more of the color to show through.  I then went though my stash of sentiment strips and pulled out one from Taylored Expressions which I backed with two strips of black cardstock for dimension.  I toyed with putting some sparkles of Nuvo drops on but decided they would make the card too busy.  Now I have a black negative space to use, stay tuned...

I also plan to enter this in the Crafter's Cafe Insects/Butterflies, Day of the Month Card Club Best Friend Day, and Love to Craft June Anything Goes challenges.

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi










6 comments:

  1. So pretty, and a nice story too. Thanks for sharing on our Insects/Butterflies challenge at the Crafters Cafe, come again soon. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your butterflies are so cheerful. You've used wonderful blended paper for them. Great card with great sentimen. Thank you for entering your card to the Day of the Month Card Club gallery. Sonja, GD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous card. Love the colors. Thank you for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colorful butterflies! This card will brighten someone's day for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colorful butterflies and a great message on your gorgeous card. Your friend will be delighted for sure! Thank you so much for playing along with DotMCC. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your rainbow butterflies! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete