A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Friday, September 18, 2020

Thank You Card for Freshly Made Sketches

 



Our next door neighbors on both sides have gardens and have been sharing the fruits of their labors with us all summer.  As the season is winding down I wanted to write them thank you notes.  The Circle of Leaves die by Simon Say Stamp seemed appropriate and fit nicely with this Freshly Made Sketch:



There was one problem.  Putting the sentiment on the lower right would throw off the balance and there was the perfect space to the lower left where it would fit, so I flipped the sketch.  

Since you can never have too many thank you cards I set about making some backgrounds plus I pulled out a few I made in the past and never used.  Using re-inkers I dropped ink on glossy paper and then smooshed a second sheet on to it to get two backgrounds for the same effort as one.  I also made a couple where I spritzed watercolor paper, dropped on ink, spritzed some more, and waited for the magic to happen.  While my backgrounds were drying I cut the front panels using the Circle of Leaves die from Simon Says Stamp.  For each background I picked out coordinating cardstock for the mats and sentiments.  To provide some dimension, I used a die by Simon Says Stamp to cut the word thanks three times from white cardstock, stacked them, and topped the stack with the chosen color or foil cardstock which for this card was Dreamy holographic paper from Close to My Heart.  I cut the shadows from the middle of the color cardstock which would be hidden behind the front panel.  This way they matched and I would not have to cut additional paper.  I heat embossed a sentiment from the Hero Arts Thanks stamp and cut set in silver.    

Here are a few more that I made.


I plan to also enter this in the Aud Sentiments Challenge.  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi 

 

5 comments:

  1. This is a sweet design! I'm so glad you flipped the sentiment placement. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - it is such a stunning design!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful set of cards! I just love the different colours you've used for those circles! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More gorgeous cards!! Love those backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sweet set of cards! Thank you for playing along at Freshly Made Sketches with my sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete