A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Welcoming a Long Awaited Baby

 



The theme of the current Daring Cardmakers Challenge is Oh Baby!  Oh baby is right!  After ten years of disappointment and heartbreak my cousin and his wife have had a beautiful baby girl.  Of course that calls for a gift accompanied by card.  I used an old Close to My Heart stamp and colored it with my Prismacolors.  Then I used stitched rectangle dies from Kat Scrappiness to cut around it and create a mat.  The sentiment was cut from metallic gold using a Simon Says Stamp die.  I like the softer finish.  Before mounting it to a pink background popped up with craft foam I cut the small heart from the part that won't show.  That way it matched perfectly.  The last step was to use a clear shimmer brush on the bow and heart.  Unfortunately it doesn't show in the photo.  Here is close up of the coloring:




I am a little nervous about sending this because the new mama is a professional artist.  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

    









1 comment:

  1. Lovely Hansi!!! The pink is so soft and sweet! I do t think you have anything to be nervous about; it’s a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete